Thank you so much in joining our candle refill club!
We are so excited that you have chosen to reuse your 5:14 Candle vessels!
Please read all directions carefully before you begin.
Your Candle Refill Kit Comes With:
- 16 oz scented 100% US sourced soybean wax
- 1-4 cotton braided wicks
- 1 wick sticker (attached to the base of your wick)
- 1 straw to help with centering wick
- 1 wood stir stick to stir and to keep the wick centered
- Prepare your workspace by lining with paper towels or newspapers.
- Clean out used candle vessel and examine for cracks or damage.
- NOTE: Our candle refill kits are ONLY meant for our candle jars. The wicks have been tested to burn properly in our vessels. If you chose to refill a container other than ours, there is no guarantee the candle will burn properly, that it will not tunnel, that the wick will not mushroom, or that the vessel you are using will not explode.
- You may search YouTube for the easiest way to clean out your candles, but I prefer to pour out all unused wax once I have extinguished my candle. Then simply wipe out with a paper towel and wash with my next load of dishes.
- Make sure that your vessel is clean and completely dry. I wipe them out with alcohol before use.
- Slide the straw over the wick and remove the adhesive backer. Carefully adhere the wick in the center of your vessel. It is vital you center the wick so you don't have a candle that tunnels.
- Examine your refill kit to ensure there are no cracks in the container. Take the lid off of the container and microwave for 2 minutes. Watch your wax carefully. Continue to microwave for 30 second intervals until the wax is fully melted.
- Do not overheat wax as you will burn off all of your fragrance!
- While still in the microwave, allow wax to cool until it gets a bit cloudy (approx 20 min).
- Carefully remove wax from microwave (holding container near the top). Wax container may be hot!
- Use the enclosed stir stick and gently stir your wax for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour the cooled wax into the jar.
- Center the candle wick by wrapping it around the wooden stir stick.
- Allow to set for 4 hours before moving.
- Once the candle is completely cool, trim the wick to 1/4"
- Allow the candle to fully cure for a minimum of three days before lighting.
- Adult supervision is required.
- Our kits are only meant for our candle vessels. Copious testing has been done to ensure we are only using safe vessels, wicks, and ingredients in our candles.
- Using too big of a wick in a glass jar may cause the jar to get too hot and explode. Our jars are also heat-tested and rated for fire.
- Using too small of a wick will cause the candle to tunnel and not burn correctly. Too small of a wick is also the primary reason candles tend to self-extinguish (flame goes out).
- The container may get hot during melting. Be careful.
- If you spill the soy wax in your microwave, on your counter, or on the floor, remember this is soy wax and it melts with hot water. The melted wax may stain your clothes, please use caution. If necessary you may need to use rubbing alcohol to remove wax from some surfaces.
- Do not attempt to microwave your empty candle jars. The wick has a metal tab on the bottom and this is the best way to catch your microwave and house on fire. You can warm it on a hotplate or sit it in a hot water bath if you need to melt the remnants.
- Our candles smell delicious, but please do not eat them.
Caution: Failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazard, injury, or smoke damage. Keep wax free of matches, wick trimmings, or other flammable materials. Keep wick centered & trimmed to 1/4 inch to prevent smoking & soot build up on container or other items. Burn only on stable heat resistant surface for not more than 4 hours at a time. Keep out of drafts. Discontinue use when only 1/2 inch of wax remains in bottom. Do not move candle while burning or if wax is hot. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
5:14 Candles is not responsible for misuse or failure to follow directions.